Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Ussishkin, A., Dawson, C. R., Wedel, A., & Schluter, K. (2015). Auditory masked priming in Maltese spoken word recognition. Language, Cognition and Neuroscience, ahead-of-print, 1–20. pdf
- Gerken, L. A., Dawson, C., Chatila, R., & Tenenbaum, J. (2015). Surprise! Infants consider possible bases of generalization for a single input example. Developmental Science, 18(1), 80–89.
- Dawson, C., & Gerken, L. A. (2011). When global structure “Explains Away” local grammar: A Bayesian account of rule-induction in tone sequences. Cognition, 120(3), 350–359. pdf
- Dawson, C. R., & Gerken, L. A. (2009). From domain-generality to domain-sensitivity: 4-Month-olds learn an abstract repetition rule in music that 7-month-olds do not. Cognition, 111(3), 378–382. pdf
Peer-Reviewed Papers in Conference Proceedings
- Brau, E., Dawson, C., Carrillo, A., Sidi, D., & Morrison, C. T. (2016). Bayesian Inference of Recursive Sequences of Group Activities from Tracks. ArXiv Preprint ArXiv:1604.06970. pdf
- Dawson, C. R., Wright, J., Rebguns, A., Escárcega, M. V., Fried, D., & Cohen, P. R. (2013). A generative probabilistic framework for learning spatial language. 2013 IEEE Third Joint International Conference on Development and Learning and Epigenetic Robotics (ICDL), 1–8. pdf
- Brau, E., Guan, J., Simek, K., Del Pero, L., Dawson, C. R., & Barnard, K. (2013). Bayesian 3D Tracking from monocular video. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 3368–3375. pdf
- Dawson, C. R., & Gerken, L. A. (2010). The Role of ’Explaining Away’ in Human Abstract Rule Induction. Proceedings of the 32nd Annual Meeting of The Cognitive Science Society, 79–84. pdf
- Dawson, C. R., & Gerken, L. A. (2006). Differential processing of language and music learned during development. Proceedings of the 31st Boston University Conference on Language Development, 153–159.
- Dawson, C. R., & Gerken, L. A. (2006). 4-month-olds learn an algebraic pattern in music that 7.5-month-olds do not. Proceedings of the 28th Annual Meeting of The Cognitive Science Society. pdf
- Gerken, L. A., & Dawson, C. R. (in press). Grammar learning as model building. In T. Mintz (Ed.), Current Trends in Statistical Approaches to Language. Psychology Press. pdf
- Dawson, C. R., & Gerken, L. A. (2012). Rational constructivism in cognitive development. In T. Kushnir & F. Xu (Eds.), Rational constructivism in cognitive development (Vol. 43, pp. 95–124). Academic Press. pdf